Monday, January 15, 2007

I am happy to announce the TOWER OF BABEL has been rebuilt, it now reaches the heavens.


Would I ever love to be in school nowadays. You can take foreign language translation assignments and "click;" the translation is given to you -- free. All that agonizing over not knowing French-- only a fleeting concern. Your test is finished in one or two clicks. You can head to the smoking area for "la cigarette de la celebration" (I did that with Babel Fish), but I don't know if schools still have smoking areas.
If I were in school nowadays, the recurring nightmare of being arrested in Paris while naked and no one understanding when I insisted I simply forgot my clothes in Arkansas would not only quit recurring, I never would have had the nightmare in the first place. All that foreign language agonizing would have been over before it started.
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU, BILL GATES, STEVE JOBS, MICROSOFT, WORLD WIDE WEB?
BabelFish , where were you when I needed you?
Oh! and you E-bayers, do you have an item you would like to list with descriptions and key words in French or German? -- no problem. (I've tried it,and it worked!! I've shipped an 1860's, leather and boards, "Les Vies des Saints" to Paris for much more money than I would have sold it to someone in Dallas, Boston, or Bangor). It worked like a Pope blessed charm!

The only drawback is Babel Fish won't translate javascript to my website page. Darn!




Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home